WE ARE ALMOST BACK TO NORMAL BUT…
With the obvious backlog from COVID our appointment books very are busy. We will prioritise emergency treatments to alleviate pain and patients should call reception to discuss their symptoms and book an appropriate appointment as early in the day as possible to help us allocate an appropriate appointment.
We have carefully developed strategies for keeping patients and staff safe so the feel of the practice is still quite different.
We require all patients and staff to wear face coverings whilst in the building and you will be given hand sanitiser to use at the front door. On arriving at the surgery please ring the doorbell and your dentist will meet you and escort you to straight into the surgery. The waiting room is not in use so please avoid arriving early for your appointment.
Our practice follows the COVID infection control guidelines drawn up by SDCEP, the FGDP and PHE and we are a BDA good practice. This means that we are regularly inspected and are up-to-date with new guidance as it is issued. We do this to make sure that both staff and patients are safe.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment and we are using every means possible to protect staff and patients from COVID-19. For example:
- We will send you a link to a secure online portal where you will be asked questions regarding your COVID status and your medical history and other useful questionnaires. This means you will spend less time at the practice reducing chances of cross infection.
- ONLY patients with appointments will be seen.
- When you arrive at the practice we ask you press the door bell and wait for your dentist to meet you at the front door.
- We will dispense hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use as instructed on the way into the building and on the way out.
- You will be taken directly into the surgery where the clinical staff will have prepared the surgery for your treatment.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys etc, as they are difficult to clean and disinfect. You may now use our toilet facilities.
How you can help:
- A distance of at least 2 metres should still be observed unless being treated by a member of staff.
- Payment should be made by card over the phone after your appointment, by BACS or by contactless means at the surgery. We DO NOT accept cash or cheques.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone immediately.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask.